Sunday, February 28, 2010

Spinach Mandarin Poppy Seed Salad

I was looking for a spinach/strawberry salad and came across this one on the blog "Our Best Bites". Scott calls salads that mixes in fruit "girl salads" and he can't stand them but I LOVE them! I really like the combination in this salad. The onion can make it a little too strong so just add according to your taste. Elnora



8 oz. (1/2 bag) of baby spinach
1/2-1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 thinly sliced medium red onion
1 large avocado, cubed
8 oz. mozzarella or Swiss cheese, shredded
1 12-oz. package bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 large can Mandarin oranges, drained
Poppy Seed Dressing, to taste

Combine all ingredients except dressing in a large bowl. When ready to serve, toss with desired amount of salad dressing and serve immediately. If you anticipate leftovers, just let your eaters dress their own salads because the dressing will make the greens wilt.

1 comment:

  1. Scott sounds like Dad. Dad doesn't think fruit has any place in salads or pizza! So funny-they are completely missing out if you ask me. I'll have to try this one, it has everything I like.

    ReplyDelete