Monday, February 1, 2010

Homemade Oreo Cookies



I introduced these little wonders to the Merrill family this past summer (2009) and they were a hit, especially with David! I got the recipe from a good friend, Danaca Phoung, who worked for my husband. They are surprisingly simple but oh so yummy!--Elnora



Cookie:
2 pkgs. Devil's Food Cake mix (not "Super Moist")
2/3 c. oil
4 eggs

Mix together. Spray cookie sheet with Pam. Roll into balls and bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes.

Filling:
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese--softened
2 c. powdered sugar

Whip together and spread between two cooled cookies.

3 comments:

  1. looks yummy! I am all about a cake mix. Devils' Food is Rick's favorite. I will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ended up making them with 2008 devils food cake mixes and they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's right-i had forgotten that dave scarfed down quite a few-unusual for that boy.

    ReplyDelete