Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Mom's Apple Bread

Apple bread is the perfect addition to a fall themed gift basket. My kids loved the moist bread, some even liked it better than banana bread! -Elnora




DRY:
3 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp. soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon

WET:
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups oil
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla

3 cups grated apples

Cream wet ingredients together, being sure to mix well after each egg. Then alternate sifting in the dry ingredients with the grated apples. Mix well after each addition. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour 10 minutes. Makes two loaves.

3 comments:

  1. I am going to use that gift basket idea for visiting teaching this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! i'd take apple bread over banana bread any day-it is seriously the most delicious sweet bread ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I made it and it was wonderful. Two loaves for the ladies I visit teach and two for us. I am going again this week so I will make it again. YUMMM

    ReplyDelete