Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mom's Taco Salad

This recipe was made quite often while we were growing up and it continues to be a summer favorite with our family. Elnora


Head of lettuce, broken up
1 lb. hamburger
onions, chopped
can of Kidney beans
cheese slices, broken into pieces
tomatoes, diced
taco chips, slightly crushed
salsa

Brown hamburger with onions. Drain and add the kidney beans to heat through. Set aside and let cool. In bowl, break up the lettuce, add the tomatoes, cheese and taco chips. Toss with the cooled hamburger and beans and serve with salsa. (My kids prefer it with Ranch salad dressing).

3 comments:

  1. We are getting together this sat. at my house for Mother's Day. and guess what we are having for dinner? you can't go wrong with mom's taco salad for mother's day. of course, our dear mom has to oversee the "putting together" process because if you don't put it together right you'll ruin it:) we always tease her and make her tell us exactly what to do. the one time we didn't, we put too many doritos in it and "ruined" it. so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scott was thinking mom put something other than salsa on it but I don't think so! I think I got it right? If I have something wrong--let me know! After Saturday, you'll be an expert!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh the memories! I have never made this for my family and have only had it since leaving home if I happen to be visiting during a time you guys have it.

    ReplyDelete